|Apply for Academic Admission | Academic Guide | About the Founder | Aircraft | Ambassadors | Accreditation | Aviation World | A to Z Degree Fields | Biographies | Books | Blog | Catalog | Calendar | Climate | Collaboration | Colleges | Complaint | Contact Us | Construction | Contracts | Coordinates | Courses | Counseling Services | Create New Account | Credits and Credit Hours | Critical Care | Data Center | Departments | Doctor Consultation | Distance Education | Education materials | Electrical Engineer | Equipment | Emergency | Emergency call centers | Examinations | English Editing Service | Forms | Faculty | Facilities | Grants | Global Military Aircraft | Hardware | Hardware Resources | Helicopters | Hostels | Honorary Doctorate degree | Internet Education | Inspections | Investigations | Internet | Intellectual Property | Investment | Instructors | Islands | Internship | Job Openings | Journal | Kings and Queens | Login | Lecture | Languages | License/Permit/Registration | Maps | Medical Emergency | Manufacturing | Materials | Measurement | Mentor | Meeting Guidelines | Military Equipment Guide | Movies | Money transfer(Pay Now) | Membership | Navy | North America | Non-Emergency Services | Observers | Oceans | Oil | Operating systems | Planet Earth | Police | Products | Professions | Proposals | Publication | Professional Examinations | Paraprofessional | Profile | Progress Report | Recommendations | Referral or Reference | Research Grants | Research | Students login | Search | Software | Seminar | Study Center/Centre | Sponsorship | Submit an Issue | Surveillance | Team | Telephone Conversations | Time | Tutoring | Thesis | Universities | Universe & Space | Vehicles | Website | Word processor | Weather | Work counseling | Word Count Tool|
Physical education teachers help children develop physical abilities and healthy habits that can last for the rest of their lives.
Physical education (PE) teachers organize games and challenges that promote physical activity among children and young adults from kindergarten to high school. Their goal is to develop motor skills and physical development among younger children and proper exercise and eating habits among older children.
1. Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
4. Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge’s, and strategies of formal sports, games rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
5. Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil, to the extent feasible.
6. May teach Physical Education classes for handicapped pupils, interscholastic athletics, or drill team to senior high pupils.
7. Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to insure the over-all safety of pupils.
8. Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned property.
9. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
10. Evaluates each pupil’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports.
11. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
12. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
13. Selects and requisitions uniforms, equipment, and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
14. Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
15. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
16. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
17. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
18. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
19. Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.